It is Friday and that means ABC - Anything but a Card here on the TSG blog- so I'm here today with a super easy summer project that would make a nice little homemade gift set either for yourself (!) or for someone you think deserves it! Some Sugar exfoliating scrub for smooth and soft skin and some Salt water spray for that beachy hair look that I love!
I made use of an empty flour tablet jar and a spray bottle. First I printed the text using the font on my computer and then stamped a beach scene using the adorable set Beach Bums. Wrapped it around the jar and bottle with some striped paper from Echo Park for borders. I then stamped the little boy and girl, colored and trimmed them and attached them to my containers using foam tape.
The recepies I used:
SALT WATER SPRAY
• 1 cup of water, boil and let cool
• 2 teaspoons of coarse sea salt (the more you use, the more textured your results – just experiment to see what works best for you) Make sure the salt is completely dissolved before you continue.
• 1 teaspoon hair gel Use unscented kind so it doesn't interfere with the fragrance you want.
• ½ tablespoon hair conditioner
• 4-5 drops of coconut oil for beachy smelling hair. or your favorite scent.
Shake well before using
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup almond oil
5-10 drops essential oil (grapefruit)
2-3 drops of food coloring (yellow)
Combine the almond oil, the essential oil and the food coloring in a bowl. Add the sugar and mix thoroughly. Store in a clean, glass or plastic jar.
To use the sugar scrub, gently massage in circular motions over your entire body, but not your face. Wash off in the shower or tub.
That was it from me today, have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin